The term of office of the current Presidium of International Young Naturefriends, composed currently of Tilo Podstatny-Scharf, Zoltan Lehozcki, Lisa Hofmann, Paria Bagheri Moghaddam and Valentina Varhelyi is coming to an end.
Each member of the Presidium has its priorities and worked on them over the past year. The priorities during the year were:
● Monitoring and participation in the IYNF activities
● Partnerships and memberships
● Statutes Amendments
● External representation in the European Youth Forum, COP 25 or conferences of other youth
● To organise their own international projects
In addition, there were personnel changes in the office, as a new person started in the network and
project coordination department. A topic that the Presidium also dealt with.
The Presidium also dealt with the legal situation of the organisation and the related documents and
registrations in Austria and the Czech Republic to ensure that the situation in the IYNF is legally
A major and unexpected focus of the Presidium was the COVID-19 outbreak situation. Political
statements were written and ideas to compensate for cancelled activities were developed.
It was a time of ups and downs, but the Presidium always managed to do a good job and support each other.
As the time given to the Presidium by the Statutes is slowly coming to an end, we would like to open a call for new Presidium members!
We are looking for candidates for all positions – two presidents (at least one female) and at
least one vice-president. We would like to invite each Member Organization to nominate their
candidates for the IYNF Presidium.
Would you like to join the IYNF Presidium and are you:
● A Naturefriend?
● Ready to commit for a 2-year period?
● Interested and motivated to get active internationally?
● Experienced in youth work, preferably also with an international background?
● A team player who is also creative?
● Happy to take responsibility and leadership?
● Comfortable to communicate in English?
● Free for at least 3 Presidium Meetings per year as well as bi-weekly Skype meetings in the
● Willing to spend approx. 5 hours weekly with work related to steering IYNF?
● Ready for a big learning opportunity and an enriching experience?
Then please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com!
Also please consult your decision with your national Member Organization if they are willing to
nominate you as their candidate.
The nominations are to be submitted to the Secretariat until the 10
the of July 2020, however, the formal deadline for the Presidium nominations is the midnight before the General Assembly.
As a Presidium member you will be given the opportunity to:
● explore and develop your leadership skills in an international youth NGO
● improve your competencies to work in an intercultural team
● increase your strategic thinking
● work on the skills of your choice: from facilitation of meetings to training others, from project
management to grant writing, from environmental- to amateur art- to human rights education
● work with motivated Naturefriends from all over Europe, whose ideas are supported by the
experienced members of the IYNF Secretariat located in Prague
We consider the time in the Presidium as a great learning opportunity. You are not expected to be able to do all this perfectly, neither at the beginning of your term nor after the 2 years finished.
The essential thing is that you can imagine having fun and joy exploring those topics! If you have the will, we can support your learning in the fields you want.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
On behalf of the IYNF team
GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2020, 08th/09th August 2020, Online-meeting