Do you need a change from your daily routine or just finished your studies and don’t know yet what to do?
Do you love traveling, connecting with new people and share your skills and knowledge? Then join our young, international team in the IYNF office in Prague! We are looking for are an enthusiastic person, interested in environmental and social topics, eager to learn, to inspire and get inspired.
As Naturefriends, besides caring about our natural environment we have a long tradition of social engagement. We organize international activities for the members of our network and represent the Naturefriends movement in various international forums. IYNF has more than 40 years of experience in intercultural education, non-formal & experiential learning – that means in our activities we provide the participants with valuable learning opportunities while experiencing joy, fun, and playfulness.
Every year we welcome international volunteers who stay with us for 12 months. They support us in different tasks in the office, on events and projects, and also add their own ideas, always according to individual interests and skills.
With us, you will have the freedom to develop yourself on an independent basis, receive guidance when you need it, and at the same time play a very important role in our team!
What is EVS?
EVS stands for European Voluntary Service, which belongs under the mobility opportunities for young people within the Erasmus + programme of the European Commission.
The project provides a long-term opportunity for young people to develop their key competences and express their personal commitment through full-time voluntary work in a foreign country. The focus is put on solidarity, mutual understanding and tolerance among young people while contributing to strengthening social cohesion and promoting active citizenship.
IYNF organizes long-term EVS projects in Prague, the Czech Republic since 2003. At the moment we are looking for one volunteer to join the IYNF office in March 2019 for a 12-month project that is already approved.
How do I know, if I’m a suitable candidate?
You can apply to take part in the EVS project if you are fulfilling the following conditions:
- You are aged between 17 and 30 years old (at the time of the start of the project in March 2019)
- You have at least a communicative knowledge of English
- You are ready to commit to live in Prague for 12 months
- You are motivated to support an international NGO on various tasks, to learn and to contribute with your own skills and initiatives
- You are citizen of one of the following countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom.
How the EVS project at IYNF look like?
As a volunteer, you work 30-35 hours a week in the IYNF international office located in the centre of Prague
- You have a chance to assist with a variety of tasks, your working experience is adjusted to your needs and interests and you are able to bring up your ideas and implement them
- The typical tasks can be: preparation of visual materials, writing articles and maintenance of social media, support in the organization of educational activities or workshops, support of the communication process with various organizational stakeholders etc.
- You are given the opportunity and space to learn and develop desired skills
- You have a chance to develop your own mini project and you are introduced to various opportunities for volunteering and youth work in Prague
- You have an opportunity to travel to international IYNF activities around Europe and support the activities of local NGOs in the Czech Republic
- You take part in a Czech language course and you learn about the Czech culture
Who can apply: Every person between 18 and 30 years from either an Erasmus+ programme country or a neighbouring partner country. Check out here.
When: March 2019 – February 2020
Where: IYNF office, Prague, Czech Republic
Costs: None. You will have paid accommodation and receive a monthly food allowance + pocket money. Your health insurance and the travel from and to your home country will also be covered by the Erasmus+ programme.
How to apply: Please fill in the application form here + create a short video (maximum 3 minutes) about what you’re good at, what you enjoy, what you would like to learn, how you would like to contribute to our work. Please add the link to the application form. Deadline for submitting your application is 20 November 2018 23:59 CET.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
Clicca qui per l’articolo originale